posted Sep.12.14 at 12:04 am

Gamera is a friend to all children!

SPXPO!

I'm gonna be at SPX this weekend! Look for me at table D9. Keeping it short for now since I'm painting up some Nomling toys which I'll have on hand for sale. But I just got them on Wednesday so I've got to get back to the painting.

↓ Transcript

MOUSE OVER

Turtle Power!

PANEL 1

Checkout desk of the print shop. A bored employee inspects her fingers.

KANE (Caption)

Every time we use them, it’s like going to a new shop with different specs for acceptable digital media…

BORED GIRL

We only take zip discs.

PANEL 2

Same interior, different employee who looks terribly annoyed.

KANE (Caption)

Weird file formats…

ANGRY GUY

We only take PCX files.

PANEL 3

Same interior, a woman pets a turtle.

KANE (Caption)

Just… Weird shit.

WOMAN WITH TURTLE

If Gamera doesn’t like it, we don’t print it.

PANEL 4

Closeup on Bodie who looks terrified.

KANE (Caption)

So there’s no telling what kind of hell we’ve just sent Bodie to face.

Tagged: bodie

The Shameful, Shameful Blog

2 Alternatives to the Big Show

Aug.06.14 11:45 am

It's con season which can be kind of a hassle for creators. So here are two alternatives to trying to get into that big show.

BACKEND IS GO!

Jul.23.14 09:21 pm

Big shout out to Erin from Hiveworks for hooking up the new backend! Things work a little differently now. The bloggy blog will still be on the page even when you click over to make a comment on the comic. And there might be some other odds and ends that a slightly different. But overall, things should work like they have been.

YP BACKEND MIGRATION

Jul.23.14 02:18 am

The Hiveworks team is hard at work migrating the YP comic CMS into something less crazy then the Comicpress madness. As a result, you’ll notice a few 404′s if you click around here as well as comments missing on some posts. Those have been sucked into the new system and will be back up once we’re able to finalize the migration. Hopefully, everything will get sorted out soon.

I’ve been meaning to update the website for a while now, but the WordPress/Comicpress combo has too many pieces that I’d need to change in order to refresh everything. There are so many bits that are connected with so many other bits that it’d be like digging for gold to make the changes I want.

The new system is more streamlined which makes things easier for me and actually loads a whole lot faster which makes things easier for you! So please excuse the mess while things are a chugging.

The Many Paths to the Top of Mount Comics

Jul.16.14 12:00 am

Some thoughts on the many different ways to make money drawing pretty pictures.

Patron Wallpaper for May

Jun.12.14 11:22 pm
mayWallpaperThurmg

I've been working on this wallpaper image for my Patrons. I modeled the kitsune in Zbrush and used Mental Ray in Maya for rendering with lots of touch up in Photoshop. This was for May soI'm a little behind.

Each month, Patrons will be getting full sized wallpapers at various sizes. The resolution is high enough to print so if you want a copy for your actual wall, you can do that. So, if you're interested in that kind of thing from me, check out my Patreon page.Once you join, you get access to all the stuff inPatron-only feed so if you sign up later in the year, you can still get all the previous month's wallpapers.