posted Jul.29.14 at 12:05 am

No one expects the licking!

I want to thank everyone for being really nice to each other in the comments for this arc. The media tends to paint us as a divisive nation with intractable views that can never be compromised. The reality is something much less sensational which I think shows through in your comments. So thank you all for proving what I've always suspected.

↓ Transcript

MOUSE OVER

Adult licking, coming to a theater near you!

PANEL 1

Ally tries to explain.

ALLY

No, it’s just— help me understand how you can vote for those close-minded people who fight so damn hard to deny you basic rights.

PANEL 2

Annie gives Ally a blank look. Ally freaks out.

ANNIE

Is this about same-sex marriage? Are you proposing?

ALLY

Yes! I mean, no. Uh, I mean, it’s— I’m confused.

PANEL 3

Annie furrows her brow. She smiles, weakly.

ANNIE

HAH! Your face. Okay, look, at some point tonight I’m licking parts of your body. So let’s talk this out like adults.

PANEL 4

Ally bits her lower lip and grins weakly.

ALLY

Can’t we just distract each other with advanced mouth techniques? Like adults?

Tagged: ally, annie

The Shameful, Shameful Blog

BACKEND IS GO!

Jul.23.14 09:21 pm

Big shout out to Erin from Hiveworks for hooking up the new backend! Things work a little differently now. The bloggy blog will still be on the page even when you click over to make a comment on the comic. And there might be some other odds and ends that a slightly different. But overall, things should work like they have been.

YP BACKEND MIGRATION

Jul.23.14 02:18 am

The Hiveworks team is hard at work migrating the YP comic CMS into something less crazy then the Comicpress madness. As a result, you’ll notice a few 404′s if you click around here as well as comments missing on some posts. Those have been sucked into the new system and will be back up once we’re able to finalize the migration. Hopefully, everything will get sorted out soon.

I’ve been meaning to update the website for a while now, but the WordPress/Comicpress combo has too many pieces that I’d need to change in order to refresh everything. There are so many bits that are connected with so many other bits that it’d be like digging for gold to make the changes I want.

The new system is more streamlined which makes things easier for me and actually loads a whole lot faster which makes things easier for you! So please excuse the mess while things are a chugging.

The Many Paths to the Top of Mount Comics

Jul.16.14 12:00 am

Some thoughts on the many different ways to make money drawing pretty pictures.

Patron Wallpaper for May

Jun.12.14 11:22 pm
mayWallpaperThurmg

I've been working on this wallpaper image for my Patrons. I modeled the kitsune in Zbrush and used Mental Ray in Maya for rendering with lots of touch up in Photoshop. This was for May soI'm a little behind.

Each month, Patrons will be getting full sized wallpapers at various sizes. The resolution is high enough to print so if you want a copy for your actual wall, you can do that. So, if you're interested in that kind of thing from me, check out my Patreon page.Once you join, you get access to all the stuff inPatron-only feed so if you sign up later in the year, you can still get all the previous month's wallpapers.

Stand Alone Strips in Storyline Comics

Jun.03.14 03:05 pm

A little Q&A about writing individual strips in a storyline that could stand alone. Be sure to check out Danielle Corsetto's Girls With Slingshots (http://www.girlswithslingshots.com/) and Noelle Stevenson's Nimona (http://gingerhaze.com/nimona/).