posted Jul.22.14 at 05:00 am

You should never mix politics with dating or dinner or webcomics. Sooooo I did that shit anyway! We'll see what happens.

So there's some upgrades and migration going on in the background here at YP Central. The new CMS will make things load much faster and streamline a lot of stuff on my end so I can make changes to the site more easily. So bear with us as we sort through the updates.

Talk Story: Shattering the Secret Identities of Yellow Peril: Telling Asian American Stories in Comics

Boy, that’s a mouthful.

July 27 from 1:30pm to 3:30pm, I’m going to be in DC for a little event at the Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association in DC. We’ll be talking comics and Asianess and pretty much anything else we can think of.  There are some more details on the Facebook page including directions to the place. I’ve been told it might be an older audience so if you’ve ever wanted to see me squirm trying not to curse, this will be a good opportunity.

↓ Transcript

MOUSE OVER

Order now and you'll get the annual Swimsuit Edition!

PANEL 1

Annie is lying on the bed looking up at Ally who is kneeling in front of her.

ANNIE

My closet ain’t that big. Did you lost in there?

ALLY

I found a box of these.

PANEL 2

A large shot of a young Annie lying on the beach wearing a bikini.

ANNIE (Caption)

My first “modeling” gig. I was the fundraising chair of my College Republicans chapter and I thought a sexy calendar would be fun. Worked out pretty well because we made a ton of money.

PANEL 3

Ally looks devestated.

ALLY

Wh—You’re…Republican?

Tagged: annie, ally

The Shameful, Shameful Blog

BACKEND IS GO!

Jul.23.14 09:21 pm

Big shout out to Erin from Hiveworks for hooking up the new backend! Things work a little differently now. The bloggy blog will still be on the page even when you click over to make a comment on the comic. And there might be some other odds and ends that a slightly different. But overall, things should work like they have been.

YP BACKEND MIGRATION

Jul.23.14 02:18 am

The Hiveworks team is hard at work migrating the YP comic CMS into something less crazy then the Comicpress madness. As a result, you’ll notice a few 404′s if you click around here as well as comments missing on some posts. Those have been sucked into the new system and will be back up once we’re able to finalize the migration. Hopefully, everything will get sorted out soon.

I’ve been meaning to update the website for a while now, but the WordPress/Comicpress combo has too many pieces that I’d need to change in order to refresh everything. There are so many bits that are connected with so many other bits that it’d be like digging for gold to make the changes I want.

The new system is more streamlined which makes things easier for me and actually loads a whole lot faster which makes things easier for you! So please excuse the mess while things are a chugging.

The Many Paths to the Top of Mount Comics

Jul.16.14 12:00 am

Some thoughts on the many different ways to make money drawing pretty pictures.

Patron Wallpaper for May

Jun.12.14 11:22 pm
mayWallpaperThurmg

I've been working on this wallpaper image for my Patrons. I modeled the kitsune in Zbrush and used Mental Ray in Maya for rendering with lots of touch up in Photoshop. This was for May soI'm a little behind.

Each month, Patrons will be getting full sized wallpapers at various sizes. The resolution is high enough to print so if you want a copy for your actual wall, you can do that. So, if you're interested in that kind of thing from me, check out my Patreon page.Once you join, you get access to all the stuff inPatron-only feed so if you sign up later in the year, you can still get all the previous month's wallpapers.

Stand Alone Strips in Storyline Comics

Jun.03.14 03:05 pm

A little Q&A about writing individual strips in a storyline that could stand alone. Be sure to check out Danielle Corsetto's Girls With Slingshots (http://www.girlswithslingshots.com/) and Noelle Stevenson's Nimona (http://gingerhaze.com/nimona/).